Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tomorrow is Thursday, our day for counting a new week. It has been a while since I last posted. It has been crazy around here, but I am back now.
Tomorrow baby turns 18 weeks new (16 weeks gestation). Lately the baby has been moving so much and last week I felt a very hard kick up into my stomach, it feels like a field goal.

Around this time your baby's ears pop from his head and Baby-to-be can now sense sounds. After all, he has plenty to listen to in utero! He's accustomed to the strong beating of your heart, blood rushing through your veins, and your stomach grumbling. He can also discern sounds outside the uterus, like your voice and music. Although, according to the Mayo Clinic, whether he can distinguish the sound of your voice versus other sounds is not yet clear.
This week your little one weighs in at around five ounces and stretches to just over five inches (crown to rump).

We loaned the baby Doppler to our friend who is due in 3 weeks, so no thump-thump for about a month. Also, the darling baby jacket I made is at her place. I am planning on making her a newborn size jacket because the one I left there is preemie size. It probably won't fit her baby boy for long, if at all. They are elated to see different baby items.

I am planning on trying EC for the new baby. EC stands for Elimination Communication, kinda baby potty training, but more natural. I am just sick of dealing with so many diapers and there are many "undeveloped" nations around the world that do not use disposable diapers or even reusable diapers. I remember reading of the early Native Americans who placed their infants in baby boards and would take them out to hold them in a squat on the ground to poo and pee. Why not now where we have in house plumbing and flush toilets?
So this blog is going to go past just pregnancy and I will change the heading from Pregnancy to whatever when the time comes.
The time is passing. Babyzone.com shows me as 17 weeks, 6 days with 155 days left until February 11, 2010. Tick-tock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me who you are if you are not following my blog publicly.