Monday, November 30, 2009

Contractions! AAAhhhhh...

There are a few things I just can't stand. Preterm contractions are one of them. We experimented with magnesium and that only served to make them harder when I did have them, about half the time. We have tried bedrest... that works when I don't have to get out of bed. Who can keep from going to the bathroom for 24 hours? Pregnant or not. We have tried about every remedy short of shots and hanging upside down.
Then... I drank a cup of tea. I am not usually a black tea drinker since my ulcerative colitis flares badly when I have caffeine. But this time, I drank it and within half an hour I had no contractions. Great! Wonderful!
But, as you know, every "drug" has a side effect. The side effect for me is swelling. I have elephant ankles half the day. I still have to take it easy and rest often, but I am almost 33 weeks pregnant!

This dear baby will be well-loved. I heard Taya telling Taleah today that she would be holding the baby and she could help mama feed the baby and change the baby, but that Taleah would be too sick to help. (Taleah has a slight fever and body aches today.) Hope that is not so in 3-7 weeks!!
Trinton wants to feel the baby kick all the time. Taya is constantly asking what the baby is saying. And we have not settled on a name yet.
We are taking suggestions but will not know for sure until the little one is born.
It must start with a T, girls' names need to go well with Elizabeth for a middle name, boys' names with Walter for a middle name, be pronouncable, and not be too mainstream. You can suggest anything of course, but these are the criteria we are using.
We will put it to a vote within our immediate family (Dad, Mom, 5 children) about the time the baby is due or after birth. That could be as soon as December 23rd (36 weeks) or as late as Jan 20th or later.

All else is going well. Baby is active and bouncy. What an amazing thing to carry life.
I saw a post from a lady on a pregnancy board. Her picture says: I am so crafty, I make people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me who you are if you are not following my blog publicly.