Wednesday, December 2, 2009

33 weeks

Here we are at 33 weeks. We have made it past Taleah's gestational age when she was born. For some reason, if I make it past 32 weeks, 6 days, it is like everything will be fine and the baby will be able to breathe if born today. I know that this is not neccesarily so, but there is that mental block that is so scared of any birth before that age. Somehow my brain disregards the fact that I had steroid shots to boost her lung development!

Contractions have started again even with caffeine. Last night lying in bed, I felt the baby's movements in a different way. I have this extreme low back ache like back labor even though I know nothing is happening. I have to slouch to get it gone. It hurts to lie down on my back or sudes, but feels great to lie half on the stomach with my knee brought up beside my belly to prop me up. I don't know if this is pain from the sciatic nerve or just body aches. Last time I felt this bad, I was in labor with each boy.
I wish I had a time capsule to move ahead 3 weeks and have the baby and then move back to this time with baby being normal birth age. Keep dreaming.


Funny, my info on the pregnancy website says "You are 33 weeks and pregnant." It usually reads You are __ weeks and __ days pregnant.
What is happening in the womb this week: Your unborn baby's senses continue to develop. If you talk to your baby, she can hear you. In fact, her world is full of sounds. In addition to your voice, she can hear your stomach growling and your lungs taking in air, along with the reassuring vibrations of your heart beating. Also, your baby's skin has turned from red to pink and she has started preparing for life outside the womb by storing iron in her liver.
This week your baby stretches to around 12 inches (crown to rump) and weighs in at about four pounds, eight ounces. Thank you babyzone.com

I read that 35 weeks is considered full term for all the organs development-wise.

We are nearing that now. 2 more weeks! Can you believe the journey seems that quick? Funny, but looking forward, 7 months seems eons in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me who you are if you are not following my blog publicly.