Sunday, December 27, 2009

Update anyone?

I have been really bad about posting. I really should tend to the updates more often...
With that off my chest, I want to let everyone know that my due date has changed again! We counted from the real dates that Travis wrote down in his date book, and found that my due date is really supposed to be December 29! That is just a few days away. You can imagine our surprise when we thought of all the time I spent on bedrest thinking that the baby was way too early to live outside the womb. Maybe if I had known, I would not have been so careful... so maybe it is a good thing that we did not know.
The past 3 weeks have been fun filled and busy. We had visitors from Colorado off the cruise ship 12/20, and visitors from Oklahoma- Shelby's visitors really. We finally counted the dates on the 17th or 18th and I was able to be up and about for our company and Christmas.

As for baby: No update from a website, but my own rendition. Baby is fully developed and ready for birth. You may be in labor or there soon. Congrats on surviving 40 weeks of ups and downs!

Last Sunday (12/20) I started having intense contractions with lightheadedness and a pukey feeling and thought This is it! But, alas, I am still pregnant. Here we see another Sunday and I, again, am having contractions, harder this time, but not hard labor.
I am knitting an 11th-hour diaper cover. I finished some seamless baby booties in purple and green. I am finishing up some cloth diapers to use. We will see how that goes.

Lately I feel like I have an 8-pound octopus residing inside of my belly. I am warned by a few mothers of twins that this means more than one, and I will probably eat my words, but, no, I am not having twins *beating hands and feet on the floor*. I am having just one baby- right God? The ultrasound tech told me there is no way I have twins, so I am hedging on that. Although I am preparing for a baby with as much extra as I can. I already wash 1-2 loads per day, so what difference does it make if I have to wash a third??

I am sort of glad that I did not have a Christmas baby. That would have made our ham dinner a little late, like 2 days late.

This morning during meeting I started having a dizzy spell. I was singing and started feeling lightheaded and my vision was going dark. I guess the singing made me oxygen deprived. As soon as I put my head down I started feeling better, but it took several minutes for me to feel as though I was not going to faint. All the contractions since then have given me breathlessness and dizziness. Hope this is it!!

Signing off for now. I have to update the family blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me who you are if you are not following my blog publicly.