Wednesday, December 30, 2009

12/30 labor

12/30 noonish AST

Last night I was having consistent contractions, but seemed to lessen as I went to sleep. I was woken up several times in the night with contractions, but nothing that kept me from going back to sleep.

Today I woke and ate, and the contractions came back. I am having them every 2-3 minutes as very noticeable contractions. I have not had pain to speak of yet, just bearable pressure with occasional times of unbearable pressure. I feel a general malaise, like in other labors. I just want to hide in myself and listen to no noises. My back is aching and I feel very tired. I have waves of nausea with most contractions. The baby is not moving in a contraction anymore, so that discomfort has ended.

Tomorrow night is full moon, and while not superstitious, I do believe that the gravitational pull is a reality. Just look at the great oceans which are affected so easily by the moon and its pull. Our bodies are made up of a great percentage of liquid. And, I believe that since God made the moon, I can recognize His creation as a force that can affect me.

We are one day past the "due date." I am happy that this baby has finally decided that it is time for birth. I am glad that s/he has waited this long to be born, rather than making an appearance at 26 weeks or so and requiring a long hospital stay. Praise be to God for His timing in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me who you are if you are not following my blog publicly.