Monday, August 10, 2009

Planning Baby's Wardrobe

I have searched for a list and have finally found one that gives what I need for a newborn. I guess I have to go neutral since I am going to "be surprised" like with our other children.

Here is my modified list of what I will be gathering for baby, and what mode of gathering I will use:

Any of the items without patterns I am searching for patterns or ideas.

Sewing
4-6 long-sleeved gowns
4-6 footed sleepers
4-6 lap shoulder tees (pattern from Martha Stewart kimono shirt)
4-6 onsies (pattern here)
4-6 pants
4-6 bibs
3-4 receiving blankets
3-4 hooded towel
Diaper stacker (pattern here)
Diaper bag (pattern here)
Baby quilt (pattern here)
Lap quilt (pattern here)
Changing pad (pattern here)


Knitting and Crocheting
2-4 pairs no-seam booties from Pickin' and Throwin' (pattern here)
1 sweater set with extra caps (boy's cardigan & cap pattern from FamilyCircle's easyCrochet Fall 2006 issue) Replaced with pattern I found on the web for button front knit sweater.

Buy
Socks

Does anyone have a yearning to sew or knit for a baby? I would love help!

Update 8/12

I decided to change a little bit on my wardrobe for baby.
I am using a pattern I found on the web for knitting a sweater set since I am much better at knitting than crocheting.
I know there could be a huge debate on which is easier, but I prefer knitting as it creates a looser, softer fabric. Crocheting is great for a denser, stiffer fabric. Maybe it is because I don't have the right size hook, or maybe my tension is too tight, but crocheting is not working for the baby sweater. I started the one from easyCrochet and had to pull it out because I did not like it.

Besides, my baby and my friend's baby will not need a heavier sweater. Both babies will be in the Caribbean and then the US for summer, not to mention that they both will outgrow these sweaters before they reach cold weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me who you are if you are not following my blog publicly.