Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year.

Well, this pregnancy will finish in this new year. A 2010 baby- I can handle that. I think I had a mental block on when the baby was supposed to be born! People kept saying, "Better hurry up and have this baby so you get another tax break." And for some stupid reason, my mind was convinced that I failed if I did not achieve that! As soon as I realized that the new year had come and there would be no extra entry on our 2009 taxes, I relaxed. Funny how things work. And then I was plagued by hard contractions all throughout my sleep.
Also, last night while thinking about my part in this, I came to the realization (again) that I am just a vessel for this baby. I cannot evict or otherwise control the length of stay. Well, I could, but if the baby is not ready, would that be very nice- or could it be considered a type of abortion? That caught me up short.
I am ready for this baby to be born- I think. I know I could be much more prepared with clothing, diapers, etc., but mentally, I think I am just ready for the baby to come.

I looked at what I have for baby in the way of material goods.

A girl and boy sweater/hat/booties set, a few pairs of recycled pants. I made these by taking the arms off long sleeves shirts from the older children and sewing them onto little panty-type sewn fabric.


A few accessories, 6 onesies, 2 "soakers" 7 homemade prefold diapers, and 5 plastic pants- just in case.
This might do for the first week. I plan on making a few sleepers, plenty more diapers, pants, and shirts. I think I might have to go buy socks for the baby since it is the cold part of the year here. (I know, nothing compared to the weather most of you are going through!) I have been chilly several evenings and a few days to the point where I wear pants, sweat jacket, and socks in bed! Even pregnant!

I decided on a few "New Year's resolutions" that I can actually attain:

1. Lose 20 pounds! Ha, this year I won't have a very hard time with that.
2. Spend more time with my children; I have them for so short a time.
3. Don't take anything for granted; it can always be taken away.
4. Say "I love you" to my husband and each of my children at least once a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me who you are if you are not following my blog publicly.