Saturday, July 18, 2009

8 weeks pregnant

On Thursday I reached 8 weeks gestation. Here is some interesting info on what is going on with baby and my body:

Baby is somewhere between 1 and 1-1/2 inches in length and probably weighs about 4 grams (or as much as 4 paper clips). He or she has lips, toes, eyes that are usually open, ears that are completely formed, and the genitals are becoming more clearly defined. The little pollywog inside has lost its "tail" and this week marks the end of the embryonic stage and the beginning of the fetal stage!
This is what a baby looks like at 8 weeks gestation. You can see the ear buds, toes, and more. A tiny human. Baby has begun to look more like a mini baby than alien-like.

This photo is from a website that makes "micro-preemie" babies to show what size they are compared to objects outside the womb. Baby is still pretty tiny but will start to grow rapidly again soon.

I have been feeling better with less common, severe bouts of nausea. Maybe this means that I am reaching the point where nausea goes away and is replaced by euphoria! I hope.
I am still not showing, but I am uncomfortable with the waist band of skirts and jeans. If I want to lie down, pj pants are the best. Stretchy material at the waist band is best for going out of the house - glad I don't go out often.
And I guess the cat is out of the bag now. Relatives are finally finding out!
We are trying to find out how many people read our blog, so email us if you are reading this. tscarlile@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me who you are if you are not following my blog publicly.