Thursday, January 21, 2010

Another week...

Another night of labor. It seems that the word putter is now my own. I am what is known as a putterer- in more than just labor. There are times when I work fast and hard, but most of the time, I putter. Have you ever had those moments where you just wish the person in front of you would just get out of the way and quit being so poky? Well, I am probably in front, puttering. I am sure a "Please be patient" sign would do wonders. So, I have written on my proverbial forehead "Give me time. Please be patient."
I was thinking of patience and how little I seem to have. Jesus had such patience especially for the little children. I try to think of that in everyday dealings, but my stinking human nature constantly rears its ugly head. I found myself being quite irritable today. It could be the hard contractions that make me want to vomit. It could also be the noise that only bothers me during a contraction. It could be the movements that, again, only bug me during a contraction.
I am just so ready to be done that I forget to be patient. This little babe, with God's unending help, knows when it is time. I really don't have to do anything, but I constantly find myself irritable at the wait, ready for the change.
Am I really prepared for the change from belly-hugger to baby-holder? No. It is as simple as that. I can try to prepare, but in reality, I cannot plan for everything. I am glad that I am not the one holding the reins. I would fail miserably at keeping the million tiny things in line. I am no god. Each day I need reminders that I cannot be in control. Think if, in our human weakness, God gave us the responsibility of forming a baby in the womb. Would we succeed to make a perfect human as He does? Would we be able to remember each exquisite detail of the human brain and body?
While Travis was studying embryology, he shared with me a little of what goes on during the process of formation at each stage- and that is only the human understanding. It is a huge amount of knowledge that doctors today know about how babies are formed. A tiny heart is functioning and pumping at 5 weeks, when the baby is still the size of a sesame seed! I know I could not create such wonders.

Give me patience and peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me who you are if you are not following my blog publicly.