Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The days drag on...

The past few days have been a bit muddled. Just waiting and waiting... and waiting. This babe has to be born sometime, right??

I feel like I am in one of those supermarket doors that revolve. First I can accept that the time is near but not right now, then I am impatient, then resigned, then accepting, and so forth. I know part of it is hormones, but I feel like all my joy for this baby is gone.

I have been staying low to make sure the health nurse does not come and "talk" to me about birthing at home. I was told that she is responsible if anything happens to me while giving birth at home! I think it is just something she takes on herself. I surely would not press charges on her since I don't care for her assistance. She says that she is the midwife, but if she is anything like the other midwife in Loubiere, forget it, I will have my baby completely alone or just with my husband.
I am of the thought that birth, like conception, is a private, quiet time between two intimate persons-- not between me, and some nurse or doctor. Again I am on a soapbox, but when does "assistance" end? Why would I have to take her assistance? I did check into the "laws" surrounding birth and there are none that state a woman cannot have her baby at home, in any circumstances. It is a decision that parents make. Of course we would not make it lightly since it is a decision that affects more than just Travis and I. It affects a new life and 5 other children.

Ok, stepping down now. I will leave that argument for all the UC'ers out there. I just wish to be left alone.

For the past couple of days the contractions have been harder and more rhythmic, but go away when I am exhausted and lie down! How frustrating. I would rather keep going and them make me arise from bed and have a baby! But, patience, Sasha, patience, your time will come and you will curse the labor to which you look forward!

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I just landed on your blog from another blog! I'm 38 weeks pregnant and cannot agree more with you comparison to the supermarket door!
    This is our 8th baby and every time I try to be patient, not allowing the false contractions to upset me, but I ended frustrated every time, stressing the rest of the family! We are also having a home birth! Will pray for you, while I'm praying for myself!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me who you are if you are not following my blog publicly.