Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Walking for a baby.

Today we walked to the river to help bring the baby down and out. (If you want to see river pics, go here.) Ha! The only time we want someone to be down and out. This morning we listened to the baby's heartbeat. Little race horse in there. I don't know what week or how far along this pregnancy is now. We have some confusion as to what date was really the LMP and which date to count and how many weeks to count from there- 39 or 40 weeks. With a 3-week cycle, you usually count 39 weeks from LMP, but even then, what if?... I am certain that this baby will come when it needs and that it will not stay in forever! I know that God's wisdom is far greater than mine. Maybe this baby needs extra growing time.
I am glad that a due date is when the baby is born, not a certain date that this baby has to be born by, or risk a c-section. I am happy with my decision to have a natural birth, a homebirth. I have suffered the trauma of 4 hospital births with 2 c-sections and a VBAC. This will be our first HBAC.
Today is Travis' dad's birthday. He was hoping to have a baby on this day, but so far, no dice. We will see what will happen before midnight, but I am NOT holding my breath. Travis also stated that this baby (if a boy) should be named ______ Clifford, but Trinton has that name.
Are there any good Carlile/Dirks/Derenoff/Cole family names that we might use for middle names? These would include Moy, Devine, Hansen, Lapedias, and Holub names too. Any others?
Here is an update of what I have made to add to the other day's post:

This yellow sleeper is made from one of my t-shirts that was getting worn and I felt it was time to recycle. The pants are also recycled with fresh sewn panty area. The pair on the left comes from a pair of pjs that ended up moldy after a sack of clothing sat and retained moisture. The purple/blue pair's legs are from Taleah's long-sleeved shirt that wasn't long enough in the arms for her. It still fits her in the length, so no need to pass it onto Taya, just make it short-sleeved!

1 comment:

Please tell me who you are if you are not following my blog publicly.