Sunday, January 3, 2010

Nope, no baby yet...

I guess that must be my opening line since I am getting tired of answering "Do we have a baby yet?" with "No, of course not."

Today I have been having contractions every 2-3 minutes with varying degrees of severity. Some I cannot handle, most are easily handled. I have never had a very consistent pattern of contractions with them getting stronger, closer together, and making "headway" in the canal. I have, however, managed to dilate to 5cm and back down to 3cm, efface to about 60%, and get the baby down into position. Before, the contractions could not work properly because baby's little head was turned wrong and not engaged all the way. I would have hated to have back labor like I did with Trinton.

Trajun's birth was a long, drawn out one, much like this. I labored for about a week with on-and-off contractions before they set into a hard and fast pattern after taking a whole bottle of castor oil. I may never drink a chocolate shake from Jack in the Box again! I gag just thinking of it. After hard labor set in with Trajun, he was born a little over 3 hours later. It felt like 20 minutes.



Just another boring day waiting around...

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but the full moon is past and tonight's moon is only 82% illuminated and has a zenith here at 3:24am.
I am just trying to enjoy my time handsewing a few extra baby items. So far, added to the items of a few days ago, I have made 2 more pairs of pants and almost have one sleeper done. I will show pics as soon as I am done with the sleeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me who you are if you are not following my blog publicly.